Matamoros, Mexico – Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Career experiences you are most proud of:
- Calgary Board of Education – English Learners Language Program, developed English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills of Arabic, Cantonese, Spanish and Rumanian speaking students (2016)
- Translator for “Rethinking Schools” magazine (2016)
- Speech, public speaking teacher in all levels (Elementary, Junior High, High School and University) for eleven years (2005-2016)
- Debate teacher in junior high and high school for eight years (2009-2016)
- Elementary School Teacher for four years (2012-2016)
Why did you choose this career?
Because teaching gives me the opportunity to work with young people and make a difference in their lives in meaningful way. I chose education as a career because I believe that education is one of the most important functions performed in our culture. I am confident that teachers individually and collectively can change the world by inspiring students to become all they can be.