Our competitive team program is designed to be a true university prep academy for golfers looking to eventually play post-secondary level golf. The focus is to unlock the potential of all student-athletes in hopes of creating scholarship opportunities in the future. To enhance the experience, players train and travel together as a team.
Benefits of the program include:
- Compete with matching player packages featuring individually monogrammed bags, team shirts, hats and travel gear.
- Personalized work-out training development programs with our DPC certified coaches. These programs are designed to be golf specific and tailored as athletes develop and grow over their time in the program.
- Team training time is integrated into weekly programming.
- Participate in certified instructor led yoga and Pilates classes.
Competitive golf team players will have optional access to warm weather training programs during the winter months in Orlando, Florida – starting in 2022. Players are expected to compete in recognized national and international events as part of the program. Student-athlete scores and results are monitored for their progress.
Postgrad programs are available for players looking to upgrade their golf skills and academics prior to pursuing post-secondary opportunities. Ask for details.
Our skill development program is designed for players who are newer to golf and want to develop the foundations of their game and work up to competitive play in the future. Whether on the team, or part of the skill academy program, all players can participate in special events and travel opportunities.
Multi-sport student-athletes have the option to participate in golf throughout the year. Every facet of the game is covered and is designed to develop basic swing mechanics, build confidence and develop a positive mental approach while playing the game. Instruction on course management, etiquette and rules of the game are also covered.
The Edge School Golf Academy is the only program of its kind in Alberta and Western Canada for up and coming golfers. Student-athletes in our golf program have the opportunity to receive an independent school education, while having an opportunity to train for their sport on a daily basis. Our golf program features world-class facilities and year-round training guided by top-level experienced coaches. We strive to help all of our golf student-athletes achieve personal excellence in academics, athletics and character.
Our on-site facilities and amenities include:
- TruGolf Simulator room with state-of-the-art video analysis system and launch monitor
- Player lockers and club storage room
- Training studios featuring Pilates Reformer machines and mirroring systems
- The Duckett Performance Centre (DPC) high performance training facility
- Youth Sports Therapy Clinic
- A FIFA 2-Star professional multi-sport turf field
- Two NHL sized arenas
- Two full sized gyms
- A strategic developmental approach to training (technical, physical, mental, course management) prepares our golfers to thrive in competitive play. The golf program is led by Director and teaching professional, Ryan Cater.
Golfers have full access to the Edge sports science team, including:
- DPC Director of Athletic Development, Ross McCain
- Renowned Mental Trainer, Dr. Matt Brown
- Head Athletic Therapist, Brady Greening
We are committed to long-term, well-rounded athletic development, and having all of these resources under one roof allows our student-athletes to progress properly, having everything they need to be successful.
The Edge School Golf Program features access to outstanding practice facilities at three partner championship courses; Mickelson National Golf Course, Springbank Links Golf Course and Valley Ridge Golf Club. While in season, our student-athletes practice daily at the above facilities. Starting in fall 2022, Mickelson National Golf Course will also feature access to LaunchPad Golf – a year-round state-of-the-art exclusive indoor/outdoor range with TOP TRACER RANGE technology.