Karen Sargent is a passionate multi-sport athlete that brings her love for all sports to the students at Edge. She wants students to become competent and confident in a variety of activities so that they can be active for the rest of their lives.
Karen has been a teacher for 19 years, and her passion for sport and fitness shows when you look at her accomplishments:
- Completed over 10 Marathons.
- Completed four Ironman Events and numerous triathlons of multiple distances – including a first place finish in one triathlon.
- B.Sc. University of Calgary –Health and Exercise Physiology
- B.Ed. University of Calgary – Secondary Physical Education
- Various Personal Training Certifications – CFC, AFLCA